Welcome to the Zephyr United Media Center. If you work for the media and are interested in learning more about of our companies, you have come to the right place.
Zephyr United is a small company based in Red Lodge, Montana (population 2,400) with four divisions:
- Zephyr Adventures offers tours around the world that include hiking, biking, trekking, inline skating, cross-country skiing, and sea kayaking.
- Travel Montana offers a dozen itineraries in our home state, a location we consider one of the best active travel destinations in the world.
- Taste Vacations operates food, wine, and beer vacations in culinary destinations around the world.
How We Got Started
Zephyr’s owner Allan Wright started the company in 1997 as the world’s first inline skating (Rollerblading) tour company. Luckily, the company expanded to different activities before the inline skating market crashed, although we still run one or two skate tours a year.
In 2008 Allan then created one of the world’s first niche blogging conferences, the Wine Bloggers Conference, to market our wine tours via bloggers. The marketing didn’t work out so well but the conference was a success, leading to Zephyr Conferences.
In 2014 Allan combined the tour angle with the food, wine, and beer aspect to create Taste Vacations. In 2020, Zephyr responded to the pandemic by creating Travel Montana.
Why We Are Unique
- We were the first inline skating tour company in the world and still the only company in the hemisphere offering skate tours.
- We were most likely the only company in the world that offered both food, wine and craft beer tours and conferences.
- We are based in the small town of Red Lodge, Montana (population 2,300) but our employees work virtually in five states.
- We have chosen to remain a small company, and while we don’t offer a multitude of tour dates and locations every year, we tailor our trips based on what our travelers request. And, as a result we are still able to offer outstanding personalized customer service to every traveler.
How We Can Help You
We can be a resource for you on the following subjects:
- Active travel around the world
- Inline skating, which has seen a resurgence since the pandemic
- Food, wine, and beer travel around the world
- Food, wine, and beer writers and bloggers
- Travel to our home state of Montana and Yellowstone National Park
For more information, please contact Stephanie Vidergar, Marketing Manager.