Zephyr United is a small travel company founded in 1997 and based in Red Lodge, Montana but with a virtual office. We run unforgettable tours and only engage in activities we love: travel, outdoor adventures, food, wine, and beer. We have three separate but related tour divisions – Zephyr Adventures, Travel Montana, and Taste Vacations. You can learn more about Zephyr United and how we like to run our tours on our website.
We have had a virtual office for almost 20 years and have team members who work throughout the United States. You get to work from home and are free to more-or-less set your own work hours. We offer the potential to guide up to four tours per year in locations throughout the world but this is dependent on your ability to qualify as a tour guide.
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for leading and executing communications and marketing efforts for all three travel brands. This is a full-time position that reports directly to the President and Founder. The role comprises a one-person marketing department and so the job is both strategy and execution. Responsibilities:
- Developing and executing comprehensive marketing plan for all three travel companies
- Developing and managing digital communications, including email marketing, digital events, social media, and paid ads
- Maintaining editorial calendar and writing content for our websites and digital platforms that is relevant and converts visitors into leads
- Create a variety of materials for publicity and marketing purposes, including ads, graphics, and basic photo editing
- Managing and maintaining company websites both internally and through coordination with third-party web development team
- Building and maintaining relationships with contacts in traditional and digital media outlets to generate earned media (press releases, organizing press tours, securing journalists on trips)
- Creating partnerships with other companies in our industries to do cooperative marketing
- Performing support duties including but not limited to database management, reporting, and analytics
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; 7-10 years or more of related experience in marketing, communications, and/or digital media, including strategic planning, project management, and execution of digital tactics
We offer a salary range of $50,000 to $65,000 per year. We recognize this is at the lower end of the scale for job qualifications. However, we offer a job in an exciting industry with outstanding work flexibility, including a generous PTO policy, and the ability to travel internationally. We do not offer healthcare benefits or a retirement plan.
Submission deadline: August 10, 2022